The Roselle Police Department recommends you follow these safety tips.
• Always be ALERT and AWARE of your surroundings.
• Park in a well lit area.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
• Carry your purse close to your body, make sure it is buttoned / closed.
• Never leave your car with the motor running either unoccupied or with children inside.
• Shop during daylight hours when possible.
• Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom to avoid mishaps.
• Beware of strangers approaching you for no reason. At this time of year, “conartist” may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
• If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a mall, or well lighted location. Withdraw only the amount of cash you need
In case of emergency dial 911