The Roselle Health Department is a vital component of the emergency preparedness and response system responsible to plan and manage the health and well-being of the entire community. aspects of community response. The department's mission is to prevent disease and protect well-being at all life stages and promote the health and safety of the people of Roselle through the delivery of quality public health services and education. Its vision is for all Roselle residents to have the opportunity to live a safe and healthy life in a safe and healthy community.
We accomplish our mission by providing and supporting the essential public health services of:
- Surveillance, diagnosis, and investigation of diseases, health problems, and threats to public health.
- Education, empowerment, and the utilization of individuals and the community to prevent health problems and improve their health.
- Promotion of health policies and planning for individuals and community efforts to improve their health.
- Regulation and enforcement of public health laws and policies necessary to control disease and protect the public’s well-being.
- Facilitating access to health services for individuals; especially those of greatest need.
Roselle Local Health Department Office
210 Chestnut St., Roselle, NJ 07203, 1st Floor
Main office number (908) 634-4550
Click here for all Health Department Forms
Sandra Cortes MPH, HO, REHS
400 North Avenue East, Westfield 07090
Milka W. DeJesus-Quevedo
Registrar of Vital Statistics / Keyboard Clerk 3
Annmarie V. Colucci
Deputy Registrar / Keyboarding Clerk 2
HEALTH BOARD MEMBERS
Click here for all Board of Health Meeting Agendas
- Anthony Esposito, MBA President
- Francine Bernier RN, Vice President
- Lori C. Aversa MD Vice President
- Yvan Ducheine MD, Commissioner
- Lillie Faulk RN Commissioner
- Patricia James, Commissioner
- Harold Aguilar Commissioner
- Estelle Gray: Secretary
- Councilwoman Cindy Thomas, Board Liaison
Covid-19 Testing & Vaccination
Testing is available to all Union County residents who wish to be tested, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms. It is free of charge, regardless of whether you have insurance or not. It is also available to all first responders and frontline health workers who are asymptomatic and that work in Union County, regardless of their residence. Testing is also available to first responders and frontline health workers who live and work outside the County, but reside in New Jersey.
- Drive-thru at Kean University
- Walk up Locations across the County
- COVID-19 Test Site Finder
- COVID-19 Resources
The Vital Statistics office is responsible for:
Applications for Licenses
- Civil Union
- Domestic Partnerships
Issuance of Certified Copies
- Civil Union
- Domestic Partnership
Marriage applications are only taken by appointment, Monday thru Thursday from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm. Call our main number (908) 634-4550 and leave a message. Also any other Vital Statistics documents needed contact us and it would be handled by mail.
The Roselle Health Department, in partnership with Union County, offers free childhood immunizations to those who are in need through the Division of Social Services. Contact the Union County Immunization Clinic in Elizabeth at (908) 965-3868 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
- Guide to Preventing Suicide
- Suicide Prevention for Students and Parents
- Student Mental Health Guidebook
- How to Balance Student Stress
- Building Social Support in School
- Avoiding Dehydration
- Guidelines For Proper Disposal Of Household Medications
- Pool Chemical Safety
- Prevent Colds and Flu
- Prevenir Los Resfriados y La Gripe (En Español)
- Prevention of West Nile Virus
- Marriage License Requirements
- Prevent Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Unleashed Dog Reminders
Agenda & Minutes
For children that do not have health insurance or have state health insurance; All necessary vaccines are given at the proper time by appointment.
Laboratories are to report blood test results that are positive for certain diseases, Hepatitis A, B, C, etc.